|Source Mod||Thaumcraft 4|
|ID Name|| |
|Burn Time||300 ticks|
|Affected by Gravity||No|
Abandoned Crate is a block added by the Thaumcraft 4 mod. Comes in 3 types: Common, Uncommon and Rare. Each type differs by its texture: Common has no runes on the sides, Uncommon has 1 line of runes and Rare has 2 lines. They also differ by name color and the items dropped from when broken. Fortune can be applied to the tool used to break the crate, and will boost the chances the same as when breaking ore blocks, up to additional 230% with Fortune III, but not more than shown in the table below.
These blocks can be obtained in block form by using Vajra or transported without breaking by various devices from many mods.
Note: The maximum values for drops listed above may be higher than listed, however drops of such magnitude are extremely rare. The values are based on a test of 12,800,000 random drops for each crate.
Additional Information on Drops
- About 2/3 of the armor, tools and weapons come enchanted with random enchantments from lv15 to lv30. Only restriction is that enchantments have to be added by Thaumcraft and its addons or exist in vanilla Minecraft.
- Also most of the armor, tools and weapons are broken, but broken never more than 10% of total durability, so the items are almost new. However, this causes some storage problems.
- Note that Primordial Pearls can be obtained from such crates. Unfortunately, the chance for one to drop is only 0.1%, but it can be raised up to 0.33% with Fortune III, which is still too low though.
- Gold Coins are dropped in value of 1, 2 or 3 from Common, 4, 6, 8 from Uncommon and 9, 12 or 15 from Rare. Other values (including 0) can be obtained in extreme low chance cases, when 5 or more of the rare items are already dropped from a single crate.
- The rarest drop possible is Void Sword and other Void metal Ingot-based items from Uncommon crate, with a drop rate less than 1 in 10,000,000. For most of the items dropped from the crates, their drop rate varies from 1% to 10%. Nether Stars, Enchanted Golden Apples and Thaumium Armor have a low chance to drop, about 0.1% - 0.3%.
- Emeralds drop 1.5 times more often than Diamonds.
- All Vis Stones drop when they have the same charge. And all the Enchanted Books have the same enchantments on them.
- The average coin amount dropped from a single crate without using Fortune is: 1.68 for Common, 4.67 for Uncommon and 8.78 for Rare.
Abandoned Crate has no known uses in crafting.