Ars Magica 2
|Ars Magica 2|
|A look into what Minecraft could become when you add a splash of magic.|
|Name||Ars Magica 2|
|Minecraft Version||1.10.2; 1.7.10; 1.6.4|
|Root Mod||Minecraft Forge|
|Modpacks|| DNS Techpack|
Direwolf20 1.6 Pack
Feed The Beast Horizons
Magic World 2
Test Pack Please Ignore
The Crack Pack
The Crack Pack 2
Yogscast Complete Pack
Ars Magica 2 is a magic mod that consists of the player casting spells, fueled by the players' mana.
A small supply of vanilla ingots, as well as Chimerite and blue topaz from AM2 are required to begin. A house is also a necessity, as you must protect a (relatively) expensive altar. Food is also recommended, as casting spells speeds food consumption.
As the player explores the map, they will come across pools of light blue Liquid Etherium. By placing a book inside an item frame around the pool, the book will be converted into an Arcane Compendium, the basis of magical knowledge.
After one gets an arcane compendium, the player needs to make an Occulus and crafting altar. The Occulus lets you unlock spell components by clicking their icon in the skilltree, and the crafting altar crafts your spells.
Crafting Altar: The crafting altar, as shown in the compendium, is a 5x5x5 multiblock made of different materials, with caps made of valuable blocks (i.e. iron, gold, redstone, etc.)
Now that you have begun Ars Magica, level up to gain skillpoints for new spell parts. You can get XP by casting a spell at a valid target. For instance, shooting a fireball spell at a wall won't do anything, the player needs to shoot a mob for it to work. Enjoy! (tip: create the dig spell for low mana cost and quick lvl)
Tips and Tricks
- Your first spell should probably be (Touch) | Dig, as this is a low-cost, low-mana spell that can easily be used for levels...and mining
- Once you get some good armour and a good weapon, try taking out bosses to gain additional skillpoints.
- A villager smeltery can easily get you lots of emeralds for a semi-low cost, highly effective altar cap set.
- (Projectile) | Forge, when aimed at villagers, drops an emerald...
- Fire guardians are nigh-on invincible: ANY damage is capped at 2 hearts to it (even rapiers) and it regens very quickly.
| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains detailed information of discoveries, recipes, or secrets, which are intended to be discovered through in-game mechanics.
When you finally "beat" Ars Magica 2, you can unlock ridiculously powerful silver-tier spells. To unlock these do some experimenting or check below.
- (Projectile) | Fire Damage | Ignition | Storm | Solar
- (Projectile) | Storm | Frost Damage | Freeze | Damage
- (Projectile) | Magic Damage | Gravity | Astral Distortion
- (Projectile) | Physical Damage | Piercing | Damage
- (Self) | Night Vision | Ender Intervention | Lunar
- (Projectile) | True Sight | Divine Intervention | Light
- (Touch) | Dig | Feather Touch | Mining Power
Mana Shield Unlock:
- (Self) | Shield | Reflect | Life Tap
Mana Link Unlock:
- (Projectile) | Mana Drain | Entangle
Buff Power Unlock:
- (Self) | Haste | Slowfall | Swift Swim | Gravity Well | Leap