|Capacity||160 kJ (64 kRF)|
|Affected by Gravity||No|
The Electrolytic Separator is a machine to pump fluids added by the Mekanism mod that can separate fluids into 2 gases (their chemical components). Depending of the liquid, the ratio of production changes :
- 10 mB Water → 2 mB Hydrogen + 1 mB Oxygen
- 10 mB Heavy Water → 2 mB Deuterium + 1 mB Oxygen
- 10 mB Brine → 1 mB Sodium + 1 mB Chlorine
The Electrolytic Separator has three internal tanks. The first tank holds up to 24,000 mB of input liquid, and can be input from any side of the machine. The remaining two tanks hold up to 2400 mB of the output from the electrolysis process. The main tank can't auto-input liquid, but the 2 output gases are automatically ejected. If either of the product tanks fill up, the Electrolytic Separator will stop processing. This will prevent it from filling up the other tank. If only one of the products is desired, pressing the square on bottom left or right will begin dumping it to the environment. This will not cause any harmful effects despite what one would predict. Setting this button on Dumping Excess will dump gas above 1888 mB in the storage.
Without upgrade : consummes 10 mB/t of liquid, produces 1 mB/t of each gas (or 2), consummes 400 J/t (160 RF/t), stores up to 160 kJ (64 kRF).
Fully upgraded : consummes 500 mB/t of liquid, produces 256 mB/t of each gas (or 512), consummes 102,400 J/t (40,960 RF/t), stores up to 1,600 kJ (640 kRF).
This machine can accept the following upgrades :
- 8 Speed Upgrade : each upgrade multiplies the speed by 2 up to 256, and the energy consumption by 2 up to 256.
- 8 Energy Upgrade : each upgrade multiplies the energy storage by 1.33 up to 10.
- 4 Muffling Upgrade : reduces the sound of this machine.
Electrolytic Separator has no known uses in crafting.